The classifier will be expected to determine appropriate application classifications in accordance with the US Patent Classification and International Patent Classification structures through technical knowledge, research and automated tools. The successful candidate will have technical knowledge in one or more of the major classification categories and must be motivated to exceed the contractual productivity and quality targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Demonstrated ability to learn the patent classification/examination process.
- Apply knowledge of classification process to assign U.S. Patent Codes (USPC) and International Patent Codes (IPC) to complex technical subject matter.
- Assign USPC and IPC classifications within Tech Center specific classes.
- Use automated systems to perform research and classification operations.
- Function in a production-based environment with emphasis on quality and productivity.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work closely with others in a team environment.
- Attend on-going program training to expand knowledge in additional USPC classes.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following technologies: gas separation processes; liquid purification processes; thermoelectric and photoelectric batteries; distillation processes; electrolytic processes; inorganic chemistry; glass manufacturing; and related technologies.
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Ability to work on a computer workstation 8 hours per day.
Education: A Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering (with experience or education in chemical and mechanical processes), Material Science, Chemistry, or a closely related field.
Experience: A minimum of 0 – 2 years work experience in a related technical field. A process engineering background in a manufacturing or chemical processing environment preferred.
Security Clearance: Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a United States citizen.
Centuria Corporation is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. EEO M/F/V/D